One of the luxuries that a professional barista can’t afford to let go is the milk frother. Gone are the days that many people barely know the value of the machine.
Now, coffee drinkers know vividly that the best velvety that they can use to complement their coffee is by using a milk frother. With a good frothing machine, one can make ready a latte and cappuccino coffees at variable temperature degree.
In fact, apart from the fact that it garnishes your gourmet into an admirable pattern, it has the capability to nourish your desserts into an acknowledgeable definition.
Notwithstanding, it’s so appalling that many haven’t got the best out of their milk frother in spite of these ground-breaking futuristic. You know why? It’s because they definitely don’t know how to use the machine.
Although the design of the machines are mostly found to be petite and lightweight, yet it’s essential that users learn how to use a milk frother before launching out for it. Why? Because this would give them an insight into what would suit their conveniences.
Nevertheless, the basic purpose of using all these is to make micro-foams out of the milk. Albeit, in this article, we’ll be making emphases more on milk frothers that are electrically powered.
That’s because it’s more difficult to use this type of milk frother than the other. Therefore, let’s consider the amazing facts on using a milk frother that’s electrically powered.
8 Things to Consider about How to Use a Milk Frother:
1. Opt for the Best Product
If quite a number of features is not put into consideration before launching out for a product, the consequence for this mistake can lead to a total disaster.
Furthermore, what buyers should look out for is the size, size of the cord and storage, frothing capability, and so on. Also, the metallic constituent on both the exterior and interior matters, how? It’s this that determines the prospect of the cleaning and the convenient use of the unit.
The interior parts of some can be of non-stick coating. Therefore, it’s advisable to choose a product that its interior coats are not flaking off.
In a nutshell, opt for a product that you’ve spent a quality time of research on and you think you can cope with.
However, provided you’ve made your purchase already, then you can just proceed with the teaching on this platform.
2. Familiarize Yourself with the Basic Instructions
What you’d want to find out after the purchase of a product is the functions and how easy to operate them.
Of course, the best way to identify these functions is by reading the instruction booklet. The manual would serve as a guide to teach you about how it works.
It would also provide you with tips on how you can troubleshoot it whenever it has a problem. Indeed, just as you can’t universally use a milk frother, so likewise you can’t use the information on another manual for another.
Therefore, read and digest the details on the manual before using the unit.
- Make available the unit and the milk. You can also choose to add some ingredients to it.
- Properly clean your hands and the carafe before touching the milk, and maintain all the basic hygiene in the kitchen.
- Clean also the countertop and your kitchen as the case may be.
- Set the unit on top of your countertop at a position where is close to a power outlet (if in case yours is corded).
- If you’ve not tested the unit before, you can run some tests by switching on/off the power of the unit.
- Also, identify the whisks and select the very one that you intend to use for the operation.
4. Filling the Carafe
- Remove the lid and pour in the milk. However, before then, select the whisk that you intend to use and fix it to the stationary knob underneath while you save the other.
- Discreetly pour in the milk with respect to the markings on the carafe. The mark at the extreme, close to the tip at the top, is the maximum limit of filling the carafe jug if you intend whipping the milk while it’s cold. However, the marking that’s lower is the maximum limit of filling the carafe jug if you intend to steam and whip.
- Once you’ve done that, you can remove the carafe pitcher at the top and rigorously shake it then re-fix it back into its position.
- Observe the best way to fill the carafe. Start by filling it half n’ half then move on to completely filling the container. Afterwards, check out the heat capacity between the two and evaluate which one is best for you to imbibe.
- Ensure that the lid covers the top properly.
5. Operating the Unit
- Switch on the power, both on the unit and the socket, and set the dial if your unit has a variable temperature.
- Always ensure that you use the whisk with the spring-like head if you intend to whip the milk into a vortex and make it micro-foam. However, use the other whisk if you only want to steam it.
- Adjust the temperature setting if there is a need for that and watch your milk as it becomes foamy.
- Scoop the foam right at the top and spray it on top of your coffee so as to garnish its appearance and taste.
- Provided you’re not using an electrically powered unit, you can follow the following steps. First, pour your milk into a glass carafe and microwave it for sometimes. Secondly, remove the carafe after some seconds and whip it with a whisk until it becomes foamy. Then, you can scoop the foam at the top.
6. Safety Precautions
- Please note that the preparation of milk for latte coffees is the same as the making of a foamy, creamy, thick milk by using a whisk that’s of spring-like. While the other whisk is for making cappuccino coffees.
- Please note that if you’re not mindful of the markings, the content in the carafe might spurt off via the spout. Of course, it’s expedient that users prevent liquid from touching the button or the motor (base) of the unit.
- Use plastic spatula or spoon to scoop the foam on the milk if the interior of the unit is made of non-stick coating.
- Discontinue the use of a non-stick carafe if the coating on the inside flakes off continually.
7. Cleaning the Unit
- Find out whether a unit is dishwasher safe or not before washing it.
- Provided it is dishwasher safe, you can always disconnect the carafe from the motor and soak it inside a washing base.
- Always use warm water to wash the carafe jug and the lid, together with the whisks.
- Wipe off the dab of water on its parts before using it.
- Provided it’s not waterproof, then you can clean the unit by gently using a damp soft sponge or cloth to clean it.
- Ensure that it’s dried before storing it.
Once all these are done, you can then save it. Always ensure that you keep it in a cool and safe place. Please, do ensure that the region you’d be saving it is not congested.
In fact, save it in an open space while you can always easily use it. The milk, on the other hand, ensures that you store it inside a refrigerator.
This is just how to use a milk frother even as an expert. This information is reliable to keep the lifespan of your unit for a long period of time.
It provides the systematic approach that users are expected to inculcate so as to get the best use of their machine. Notwithstanding, we hope that our amiable readers have got nothing but the best from this review and they can now use it with all conveniences.